FORWARD CONTROLS DESIGN EMR-A DIMPLED (EXTENDED MAG RELEASE, AMBIDEXTROUS)
EMR-A is a long in development ambidextrous magazine release for .223 and .308 AR receivers. Original concept and design
EMR-A's an ergonomic ambidextrous magazine release. The placement of its lever is well thought out to closely mirror the magazine release button on the right side. The portion immediately below the bolt catch's lower paddle has a lower profile to avoid interference, heretofore a common drawback of popular ambidextrous mag catches, it is also left smooth. The serrated length of the lever is split into a shallow
Two lever options are available. Standard and Extended Reach (about 0.09" longer than standard). Force amplification achieved from a lever means the extended reach lever is easier to reach, it's also easier to press than the standard lever. For users with small hands or shorter fingers, the extended reach lever makes the EMR-A a joy to use. For duty and defense ARs, we recommend the standard lever.
A 10.9lb rated magazine catch spring is included with each EMR-A. We've long considered the standard magazine catch spring to be rather weak (rated at 8.3lb), accidental / unintended mag drops can take place if a user slings his weapon, and has gear and pouches on the vest. A stiffer mag catch spring mitigates these risks, thus it is an integral part
EMR-A is available as a part of bundled products (please see drop down menus for options). EMR-A's catch is made from CNC machined 4140 steel and black nitride coated, its lever is 7075 aluminum and Type 3 hard coat anodized. The roll pin has a shear strength of 800lbs.
* EMR-A's lever pivots on the receiver.
* EMR-A needs to be removed before
* Please wear eye protection while installing EMR, EMR-C, and EMR-A with the 10.9lb mag catch spring, there's considerable spring tension in the 10.9lb spring.
* Geissele's Maritime Bolt Catch. Material from either the top edge of EMR-A's
* KNS Gen 2 anti-rotation trigger/hammer pins. KNS Gen2 Mod2 and Gen JJ are both compatible with EMR-A with
* Battery assist device levers.
* Armalite AR10B (AR10B uses modified M14 magazines)
* Receivers with the left side fence around the bolt catch and mag catch, such as Magpul and AR15.com billet receivers. EMR-A requires the left side of the receiver to more or less adhere to TDP
We Also Recommend
I stumbled across fcd and was blown away by such a great product fit and finish top notch!!! I purchased two ldfa two bolt releases and two ambi magazine release great customer service. I hope anyone that reads this knows that in times were money is tight and you want to get the best bang for your buck I would go with fcd anytime of the day. :)
Every FCD part I have is perfect. Machining , finish and design are spot on. Attention to detail really pays off. And as usual AmmoZone always has package to my door in a day or two. Fastest shipping in the business
Great product, good fit and ergonomic. Also purchased the dimples bolt release. Looks fantastic and functions perfectly.